Saturday, March 15, 2014

Just because I like lists... and refrigerators...

Well, this week brought lots of adventures with the house, but a summary is all I can give for right now! Hopefully I'll have more to share when I'm not focused on packing up my apartment and trying to help at the house in small ways.

The rundown of the week at the house is...

1. We pulled up the carpet! Most of the hardwood floor looks GREAT, but the hallways between the front door and the bedrooms is coated with sticky black bumps from the original capret padding having melted to the floor over time. More on that project soon!
2. I've been pulling (hammering) up carpet tack strips and carpet staples from all over the house. Those things are a beast!
3. Isaiah's dad fixed our garage door spring and we got garage door openers! :) This one excites me most. ;)
4. Isaiah screwed our gutters on the rest of the way. There was no guarantee that they would stay on the house when the winds blew, but now they won't go anywhere!
5. We bought some APPLIANCES!!! More on how we picked them and what we chose later!
6. We called a plumber to fix a clog in our kitchen drain.
7. I met the mailman! He's a darling little old man. :)
8. We discovered that the neighbors on three sides of us have children in elementary school or younger, and the neighbors on the other side just listed their house for sale.
9. I started painting our (no longer) red fireplace and it already brightens up the house! (And I discovered that all of our walls are yellow... I cannot wait to freshen things up with paint!)
10. We added onto our downspouts so that future precipitation doesn't cause any structural damage to our house. :)

I have a few more fun things to post soon! Thanks for following along with our first-time-home-owner adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment