Friday, March 7, 2014

A picture is worth a thousand... dollars...

Several of you have told me you couldn't wait to see pictures of the new house, so I snapped a few yesterday after school. :) Some of the pictures I'll save for before and after pictures just for comparison after we've done more work on the house. 

This is the view from the front yard. :) We have a semi-circular driveway that I LOVE and an attached two car garage. I love the fact the the house is brick (and not even ugly brick!) and that it will be virtually no maintenance! 

This is the view from the front door, looking through the living room and into the formal dining room (aka the piano room). The floor in the living room is a pale green carpet (that I TOTALLY thought was khaki until a couple days ago! There is hardwood laminate in the dining room. 

Here is our adorable living room complete with blindingly red gas fireplace, responsible and strikingly handsome fiancĂ©, and lots of construction-related garbage from the bathroom renovation! 

These windows (and the sunshine they let in) make my heart want to sing!!! I didn't realize that natural light was something I wanted in a house, but now that we have it, I LOVE it!!! The house just GLOWS!

This is the front bedroom and its lovely not-so pale green carpet (I could tell that this carpet was green!)

Here is our master bedroom (that has lots of space for my clothes...

and gives us LOTS of hope for the rest of the hardwood floors!)

And what house tour would be complete without a bathroom selfie?? I'm just so excited for the border to be off the walls and for the new tile and paint to go up! Isaiah was so determined to get things done that I didn't even get a chance to get a real before picture! This is the "middle" picture instead!

This is the view of our eat-in kitchen, complete with ancient wall ovens, and an amazing view of our backyard. :)

This is our sunroom (at the other end of our kitchen). Don't mind the flashing on the floor, we had to tear it down during some strong winds so we didn't lose it! Oh the joys of buying a fixer upper! This little room has the potential to become one of my favorite rooms in the house with all the windows and the access to the backyard. :)

This is the long view of our main basement room! The basement stairs are in our garage off of our sunroom. The door to the left is a 3/4 bathroom. The hall to the right leads to the storm shelter/storage room, the heating/cooling/water heater/has-a-surprise-knife-from-the-previous-owners room, and then my craft room (that Isaiah calls the crap room...)

My craFT room...

This is the room at the other end of the basement. "Hopefully" the man cave (aka the OTHER crap room!)

Our walkout basement door! 

And the back of the house!


Thanks for joining us! We're excited to show off more of the house and the work/lessons that go into fixing up this old house! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment