Sunday, March 23, 2014

All about how eighty degrees is not alright, and neither is pink paint.

I promise some more exciting posts are coming soon! I have to be moved out of my apartment this coming weekend (which is a time-sensitive issue) so the house renovations have been the less glamorous stuff, but I'll give you a weekly recap anyway!

My parents were in town for the past couple days, and other than helping me organize/downsize my apartment into boxes and lugging it across town, they helped with a few things on the house. :) 

This week...

1. We installed a new thermostat that is easy to use!!! (The last one seemed great, but we couldn't get it to work consistently, so we opted for the programable thermostat that my dad bought for my apartment a couple years ago. Long gone are the days where we walk into a house that is 80 degrees simply because the thermostat is stupid! (or we are...)


2. My dad took down the crown molding (that wasn't even close to the ceilings! That alone makes it feel like we're headed down the right path in a lane faster than the slow lane!



3. Isaiah has nearly finished tiling the crazy (not level or even) shower. :) 


4. We got our washer, dryer, and refrigerator installed! And they sing to me whenever I'm around... literally...


5. We picked out a paint color for the master bedroom and purchased a few things that will get us closer to the painting process (like drywall compound to fill in holes and some caulk to fill in some gaps here and there). More on this soon!
6. My mom ever so lovingly scrubbed several of our kitchen cabinets and got them so much closer to clean-enough-for-dishes! :) I am super thankful for the time she spent on those greasy, grungy cabinets! 
7. We picked out cabinet hardware for the kitchen. :) More on that later too!
8. We made some necessary purchases (like more garbage bags, and a mop bucket, and a garbage can, and a step ladder). These are things that are necessary, and basically necessary all at once! Adulthood/homeownership is tough sometimes!
9. We finished up ALMOST all of the tackstrips and staples from the carpet. The only ones left are the ones in the living room coat closet. Almost done! :) 
10. I moved a decent amount of my stuff to the house also! Isaiah gets to learn VERY soon the joys of living with all my stuff without my lovely presence. He's in for a real treat! ;)
11. AND... we were given some furniture, including but not limited to a clean queen size mattress and box spring, a clean twin size mattress, box spring, and frame, a kitchen-size table and four stools, and a living room chair and ottoman. So basically, we'll have enough beds to accomodate an army (or three extra people, whichever needs some space). And that's not including the furniture we both already have. :) God has been good to us and shown us His goodness in SO many ways! People really have been taking care of us. :)

{Seriously, starting next week, the projects should be more exciting, like what paint colors we picked and how nightmarish the tiling in the bathroom really was...}

No comments:

Post a Comment