Monday, February 2, 2015

February Goals and a January Goal Recap


Having monthly goals was a huge help towards the progress I wanted to see! One of my New Year's Resolutions is that, at the end of every month, I'll go back and see how I did with my goals. Here's the update on month one! 

January goals

House:
o   Paint the guest bedroom/office.
Done and done! We went with the same white that we've used on literally every other thing in the house! (Lilac Muse, by Valspar)
o   Print/hang artwork in the guest bedroom/office.
I at least got started on this! There's still more I want to add.
o   Finish peeling off border in the sunroom. 
This will have to happen next month. Oops!
o   Organize/purge master bedroom closet.
I've successfully donated over 15 paper sacks FULL of clothes and shoes, so I think I'm well on my way. The ultimate goal?? This!
o   Finish painting hallway doors.
We finished with the roller, but not with the brush. So it's 80% done?
o   Find a nightstand for our bed.
I found what I want at IKEA, but I have yet to get it. So technically, I completed this goal... It looks like this will be a rollover goal for February!
           
Health:
o   Exercise at least 3 times/week.
As close as I got was charging my fit bit and borrowing some workout DVDs from a friend.
o   Make a weekly plan to eat healthier.
I only felt at a loss for what to make for dinner once the entire month. This, my friends, is a win for me!

Personal:
o   Make meal plans once/week.
I made meal plans mentally. So that's a start. Next month, I'm going to write them down.
o   She Reads Truth at least 5 times/week.
I reread Hospitality, and I read Nehemiah. Both were so good!!!
o   Finish reading one book.
I spent some extra time on this one, because once I get going, I find it difficult to stop reading, but the first book I finished was The Nesting Place, by Myquillyn Smith. [LOVED it!!!]
The second book was Bread and Wine, by Shauna Niequist. SO good! I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to learn or grow in cooking and/or hospitality. 
o   Become an expert on one thing.
This month, I chose to become an "expert" on the different types of fabric used to make clothing. I found this website especially helpful. I'm still planning on learning more about this as I work towards the goal of purging my closet and filling it purposefully.
o   Invite 2 new people/couples/groups over for dinner.
I started small with people I was already friends with, but hadn't invited over for dinner. One night, I had a dinner party of eight, and one Sunday, we hosted a couple from church for lunch.

Having monthly goals helped me so much in knowing what I wanted to accomplish and what my deadline was in doing so. My goal list was right by my bed so I could view it daily! Here's to February!!!


February Goals

House:

Finish peeling off the border in the sunroom.
Finish my clothing purge.
Finish painting the hallway doors. 
Find/buy a nightstand for our bed.
Figure out a floor plan for the home office/guest bedroom.
Buy hanging files and organize my teaching stuff/craft room.   

Health:

Exercise at least 4 times/week.
Make a weekly plan to eat healthier.
Plan out grocery shopping trips.
Sleep at least 7 hours/night.
Drink 64 oz. water every day.

Personal:

She Reads Truth at least 5 times/week.
Finish reading one book.
Become an expert on one thing.
Invite 2 new people/couples/groups over for dinner.

Here goes nothing!

3 comments:

  1. These look like so many of my goals! Need to meal plan more often (so much less stress when I do!), and need to read She Reads Truth consistently. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Bread and Wine... I actually keep it in my kitchen and cook from it often. My favorite are the Goat Cheese Biscuits - life changing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Bread and Wine... I actually keep it in my kitchen and cook from it often. My favorite are the Goat Cheese Biscuits - life changing!

    ReplyDelete